Monday, July 13, 2009

It's almost here!

Mom and I will be running a 1/2 marathon in less than a week! Ahh! I can't believe it's already upon us. We haven't been good about updating the blog, but trust us, we've been running. I've been nursing a strange psoas or deep ab (can't tell which) muscle pain for about 2 months, and for the last month I've had a cramp in my right side ribs at all times. Perhaps it's from dehydration since it's been getting hotter lately, but it's always with me, even when I'm walking briskly to or from work or the grocery store. So that's annoying.

Last weekend I ran 11 miles, and it's the longest I've ever run. I went out at mid day and it was HOT. I also, stupidly, went north instead of down to the mall where there are water fountains galore. An uphill at mile 6 and vendors selling bottled water while I ran by penniless made it pretty difficult.

There's an article about destination races this month in Runner's World. Mom and I are gearing up for winery tours, museums, and lots of relaxing and site seeing post-race!

No comments: